Wednesday 28 January 2009

I'm getting rid of my PC for a season!!

Those funny moments in life are the ones that allow us to laugh at ourselves.

I was about to get on an escalator and just before stepping on, I looked down to check when I should put my foot down - I never did put my foot down, the steps seemed to be racing past my foot at lightning speed.
I used the steps instead.

These past few days have been tiring - I stayed up all night/morning to figure out why www.malcsman.za.net/dev didnt work the way I wanted it to, so I kept trying different things. Last night I went to a mens' meeting where I almost fell asleep and then I spoke to this one young guy afterwards to attempt to wake up so I could drive to a pizza place to get some food for supper!

This is the last blog I post from this PC at home.
For those that read this from afar, this is what I have decided apon after the ultimatum from the mens' meeting:

Transfer the data from an old file server onto a disk, as the old file server has a unique fs type unknown to ubuntu. Transform my PC into a file server for Eastside. I have asked my parents to hide the adsl router away from me so that when I'm home alone, or when the computer is not in use, I cannot use the internet. On Friday I'll take the PC to church so I can connect it up to the LAN and hand out usernames and passwords, as well as burning a disk for Catherine.

With no computer usage at home, I'll be able to do more!

I will clear the computer stand and make it a workspace so I can finish making Jaime. Even tho I had just connected my sound, I'll use my mp3 player for music. And I'll put my Bible mp3 disks onto the drive so I can enjoy them too.

To be absolutely honest, I cant wait for the freedom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home