Thursday 8 January 2009

I love my job and my work...

FYI - I'm off faceBook for the month of January.


This week I have been the only support person in the office and I
basically got thrown into the deep-end of Linux support.

It was VERY scary when I sat down and FORGOT what command to use while
sitting with my boss..er, I blamed the holidays!?!
I'm now at home with all the commands that I need to use. It only took a
couple of calls and a few many tickets to process, to get my head around
the forgotten.

I'm so pleased with myself - I managed without the usual guys that I lean
on regarding linux support!

Between support and going through a linux training manual, I get requests
from people in the office for either help, or things to do. I don't mind
at all - I used to sit up late or early into the mornings messing around
on shells, IRC and my linux box. So this is the perfect job for me!!

Hence I love my job and my work!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home