Saturday 24 January 2009

35W RMS per channel....

I thawt the day would never arrive...

I'm a true old-school young adult who acts like a teen sometimes!
I have an old Kenwood solid state stereo amp that has a faulty final-stage-amp, but a working pre-amp AND a dyNaCO valve power amp!!

Though the only thing now is that this room becomes a furnace...

I did have a bit of a sparky start to brilliant sound though - the transformer had dodgy input connections and I did this when I was in half-awake-sleep mode. I managed to cross the wires and short them, so when I powered up, it went BANG!!!
so ALWAYS fix dodgy looking connections! Lucky for me, I powered down almost immediately and I didnt blow a fuse!

BTW. If I connected direct from the computer, I think I would have mismatched things. I'm not gonna guess the rest, nor did I want to make things blow up - great thing is I can still choose my input with ease!!

Just think, if I get another four speakers and place them around the house, I could host a house party and leave my PC where it is...

OK, I'll stop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home