Friday 23 January 2009

In all fairness, I have been naughty

When your elders tell you to stop doing things (A) that make you feel that you need something (B) more, which in turn puts a large trap (C) in your path that you don't see, because of your arogance (D) towards bad things due to the first thing (A) and the way it made you feel. So you get trapped by the trap in the path (C) and the before you are drawn into the whole trap, you realise that you are in the exect same place as you were when you fell from your relationship with God (NOT God's relationship with you). So you look to God for the help you need to get out of the trap.

And then you start to understand a concept of Peter walking and then sinking into the water, asking for Jesus' help and getting rescued immediately.

Being called to be a disciple of Jesus by another disciple of Jesus with the authority to make disciples is an honour only later in life when I have come to understand Jesus' teachings. With this understanding producing a love of knowing and understanding Jesus more and more, just like His first disciple, my love for God has grown. Now I just want to know more than I already know. There is this will inside of me that I can't explain.

Exploring and doing the things I should not do (A) and the things that they bring (B) and eventually place (C) before me, can destroy the strong relationship I have with Jesus. Though because of Jesus' love for me, His relationship with me is never distroyed (except on that day that Jesus returns to earth).

The unfortunate result from exploring things you shouldn't do on a regular basis or even irregular like now and then, is that you start to love these things (B) and the feelings they may bring. It may not be obvious at first, but if you really think about it, you would rather do the things you shouldn't, instead of loving Jesus by doing the things He commands.

I'm not writing about something specific. I'm writing about the many things in this world that we eventually love and do instead of our first love, God. Be it sport, TV games, music, cellphones, sex, computer games, body building, IT, drugs, networking, sexual play, computer software and/or hardware, drinking, internet, coffee, coke, magazines, gym, etc.(A,B) All these can become the something in our lives that destroys our relationship with Jesus.

God doesn't only care about us, the grown-up children and adults, but also the children and babies. We are all, as disciples of Jesus, called to be an example to the children. An example in how to live life and honour God. This requirement is not only for Sundays and the lives of christian children, but for every second of every 24 hour day for the rest of our lives on earth and the lives of every child that sees us (A,B,C).

As I said, I was naughty. I picked something else (B) instead of God the other night. The consequences were grave. When I fell into the trap (C), I didn't realise it at first, but as soon as I figured that I was about to do something that I loved doing instead of the other thing I love, I stopped in my tracks. I thought for a while why I'd want either or both. I chose God. I chose the thing that I love. I asked Jesus to rescue me and He did, immediately. I'm glad that I chose God instead of the activity that I had become addicted to.

If I had chosen my addiction over God, I would have lost all the ground that I had gained in my relationship with God. I would have had to start from the beginning again. I have now removed all contact with the person (and people) who would have taken part in my addiction with me.

Why do I call it my addiction?
I have taken part in this activity so many times that it is now a part of who I am. I can't imagine myself without it, therefore I'm addicted to that activity.

I have a deep desire over this specific activity that I would like to transfer over to God. I can hardly imagine the result of turning every picometer of myself over to God, going bad. I'm sure you've got something in your life that you serve more than God. Have you ever felt this way?

God says that we cannot serve two masters at the same time and be happy with both (Luke 16:12-14). We have to serve one master and one master only. I choose my master to be God.

Who will you choose as your master?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home