Friday 19 December 2008

Internet, sin and trance...

There's a black dog at my feet that goes by the name, Peppa. My foot is becoming warm.

I read a website that said that its okay to go thru what I know most guys are going thru, as the Bible does not mention it at all.
No, I didn't think you'd get it. I have been getting a deep rooted feeling inside everytime I come across people, institutions or websites that stress being a christian gives you the right to sin even more than before. I have learnt that what you read on the internet is not always trustworthy, but that's not the point. Most of my generation and the younger generations feed off the internet and these sort of websites are not good for the new christian, no matter what background.

Back when I was working in a tuckshop, I was nailed for posting a very silly study on the notice board. It was silly because what I was really trying to do was to find comfort in those around me in the same position. I can only imagine the friendships I lost out on because of that post. I could have spoken more to the patrons I saw everyday.

Why was it silly??
It was silly to put it up because it came from a website.
I was addicted to the food that was offered on the web. I would sit up till late at night and feed off loads of information on the web.
In those days, there was more false information than true. Today I'd still say the same. It is so easy to make a website about nothing and portray it as something grand. Perhaps it could be said that there is far more information these days that is neither false nor true. Scary, but the fact remains that as more and more people obtain access to the internet and produce information for others to find, the internet is becoming like a paperless-junkie's haven. If publishing a book was as easy as publishing things on the internet, we'd have more books than we'd know what to do with.

I could go on, but I don't feel like ranting to be honest. I have Johan Nilsson's mixes playing in my ears. You may not enjoy them as much as friends of mine enjoy hardcore metal, but I have gone through another shift in my tastes of music in the realm of dance and trance.

The year I finished school, I managed to go to a night club that played hardcore trance and dance, depending on which dancefloor you went to. I loved that music 5 minutes into the first set. It got me going. It energised me beyond energy drinks.
This kind of music went TOTALLY against my parents' taste. You see, I grew up on classical music - in school I loved it so much, that for every project that involved some aspect of music, I'd use "hardcore" classical music. I'm grateful for my parents. If they did not get me hooked on classical, I would never have learnt what music is all about. In school I hated metal, although I put up with it, I really didn't like it at all. For me, trance encompasses all the complexities found in classical music. Although not all the tracks have the same complex sound, most of them come close! I have sifted through so many mixes to find the rare jewels.

As my ignite year went along, I started to enjoy listening to metal. One thing I don't understand is the love some people have of bands that scream a mumble. Screaming is fine to the degree of understanding what it is that is being said. By the end of the year, I was enjoying synths and emotion in a track, rather than the rythym created by drums.
Funny thing really, I have been away from metal for longer than a week. I'm now back into the world of trance, but the trance can't have overpowering drums in it - that just ruins everything!

The popular trance in my opinion is not worth listening to, except a few - I haven't been to a music store to buy trance in a long time. I use the internet. It does take time to sift through music to find the diamonds among the resin, but once you have found something, it is so worth it!
I generally use, http://www.bangingtunes.com. It's not the only one, I'm sure I have used others in the past - my computer with all my bookmarks died some time ago..therefore I have to find the sites again.....

I had a friend that would judge a piece of music by listening to the first few seconds and then keep skipping every 40 seconds or so to determine if it was good or not. I dont do that. I download one piece, listen to it and then decide weather or not to download more. Right now, I'm listening to a 65 minute trance mix - I'm on 26 minutes..great stuff!!
Aah, a whole bunch of synths playing melody, rhythm and beat without drums - love that and the effect it brings. I wouldn't say I go into a trance, but it takes me into a total relaxed state!

Mixes HAVE to be free of sex for me to really enjoy them. A simple sentence like, "from the air to the brain", is far better than mainstream mixes which use sexually inducing words in their sentences.
In case you are wondering, a mix contains several tracks (songs) mixed seamlessly to form a mix. A track that continues for 60 minutes would bore me after 10 minutes...

I'm missing being in the office all day. I really want to finish Jaime and perhaps give him a better name - can't wait to go to a shop to dress him....Imagine what people would think..hehehehee.

I'm falling asleep

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home