Thursday 11 December 2008

My GREATEST news for a long time to come!!

Ahh, what a good feeling to be behind a computer running STUDIOubuntu and a keyboard that I can type on, almost without looking at the keys!

here, look!
"A complete line typed without looking at the keyboard!!!" - "I looked at the LCD screen, all the time while typing"

HONEST, though I did make the few mistakes along the way and was very tempted at looking down!
working in IT support using a console and a web interface all day (half days mind you) kinda helps me get a faster typing rate.

It is sad, but uber satisfying that I have completed a year of service at Eastside Community Church. Absolutely BRILLIANT!! All that is left is to complete the edit of my ffig episode - was kinda thinking of backtracking on my last statement of saying i'm not an editor..maybe i'll give someone the raw footage and the final production, i dont know.

Summer Camp this year was an absolute blast! I met so many new friends and gave me the confidence I needed to retain my life in Christ. To be honest, it hasnt been all that great this last 27 hours. I have been thinking bad things and looking and doing kompletely DUMNB things.. (i know i missspelt, but it's for emphasis!)

This morning my Mom woke me up with coffee and a request for me to take a shower before she showed me something. Unfortunately I took extra long in the shower - dry sun burnt shoulders from the Ignite outing were soothed by being blasted by a cool stream of water..if only we had one of those pulsating shower heads. Then my Dad asked me to eat breakfast before he showed me.. I decided to have my all-time favourite, Pro-Nutro!! It went hard as I got distracted, and at ten, I put more milk in and decided to log onto facebook while I finish the last few mouthfuls of breakfast. So glad I had the threat of a session on Summer Camp to get me to eat fast this last week!
So I power up the router, walk down the passage, open the door, switch the light on - the room is dark as the curtains are always closed when no one is inside the room.

I cant say what my reaction was, but I guess it was a bit of disbelief. Lying on the organ bench (keyboard seat/computer seat) was a black banjo bag. My Mom and Dad were going to show me, so I picked it up off the seat and gently put it on the floor - trust me, there is no other space anywhere else. I started up the computer and logged into facebook.

When my Dad walked in, he explained the banjo and he got a big fat hug from me because of that! I'm gonna get a banjo lesson of one hour soon -- gotta make a date, and then I'll join a banjo club every Friday night. Sometimes I'll visit u*th and / or CoolBeans, dont you be so sad..!

When my Mom came home I gave her a big bear hug too! Ahh, Finally I get a banjo to play on!
I found a tutorial on the net and will be giving it a tune and a pluck very shortly. In a few months, the worship band will never be the same... hehe

It's good fun when as a smoke screen before writing this blog I told Bruce that I did get a new violin - a violin made from pure white granite.... Imagine playing that!?! Hope he didnt believe me...

I'll be changing the name of this blog sometime soon, but the address will stay the same, as I love the added meaning to it: http://ignitemalcs.blogspot.com

www.malcsman.za.net will still be the main link to it, as well as Facebook getting updates from it.

Thank you to all my readers for bearing with me as I blogged and blogged about my year of Ignite!
I had an absolute blast!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home