Sunday 8 June 2008

TODAY!!!

A crash course in live sound...

So I have been observing for a few weeks (years) on how they do sound and now tonight was my turn at sitting behind the desk!
It was as if EVERYTHING that I had learnt left my mind and I was left in a chaotic room filled with chaos. I was ready to run home..

I learned you gotta be awake when you do this and I'm more technical than end-user, so I'll understand the circuits behind it, but it would take time to get by passed the knobs and buttons. Does it pay to be so hard on oneself? Cant say I know the answer to that one, but I learnt that I'm very quick to do things and then slow on the practical things.
My brain is faster than my physical!?!

I must start journalling - maybe that will help me...
As the sound guy, you have control over the band in a big way.. 'I want more bass and give drums more of keys..and, and, and...'
shoosh, one thing at a time and i'm still doing the mix from the start -- if you dont want a mess...SHUTUP!

Of course I'm not the type of person to do that, but with this job, I have to become mean -- IRC in a different context?!

I'm not a computer and my pipeline is easily corrupted!


I finally understand the new registration idea from this morning! It took Andrew lots of double-takes, but he finally got through to me!!
and then people left church early for a change! I got home at 20:33 and I was on lock-up..!!?!!

I hear and feel a zzz coming on.
Thanks for reading!
Malcs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home