Tuesday 12 February 2008

Tuesday, the day of none....

This morning I woke up nice and early.
Left home early and then had to get the dog back, but that was easy. Rex is so clever, he'll get in my car even when its just to travel back home - 20m?!!?

I got to the office, handed out devotions, said bye to Jean and Anthony and then set about making a CV to hand into CUM books at Menlyn Retail.
If I ever say that I love computers, it simply means that I love the computers that work 24/7/365/10!

My CV started out at 5 pages long - it was a template from home. I plugged in my flash drive, started MS Word. Began editting the CV. Saved it after 5 minutes, but after 2 minutes Word crashed, followed by explorer and finally XP. I pushed reset. I opened Word, recovered the file..but that caused Word to crash and then, you guessed it, XP.
Again I reset. Started Word and opened the CV fresh. CRASH...........

Laptop from cupboard. Eventually started Word and opened the file. BANG!
Ye...
Copy & Paste. Now it is on the desktop. Tho it took 10 minutes to launch Word.




3 Hours later, I have a printed copy of my CV.
I drive to Builders' Warehouse and want to check the time...... my pocket is empty.
Already time floats away for me - I have no knowledge of time and I forget to ask someone the time... After being put through to 7 different people on the phone and walking around the warehouse for miles, I rate one must go there and look for something YOURSELF...

Then I drove to CUM to hand in my CV. The manager is out and the lady says she will contact me shortly when she got back. my syntax is incorrect.
I left and went back in to append or ammend - oh my day is all crooked...
I forgot to put my contact numbers on the CV and I thought i lost my phone...

Before I went to the bank, I popped into metro to get a stud to fix my favourite pants... good thing I could pay with a coin!

The bank.. I ran all the way from Metro to the bank, and then to Qphoto in Menlyn, but then I walked most of the way - apparently my headband makes me look fishy like a criminal...
According to the sales man, R17 to laminate an A3 sheet of paper. According to Fransie and the person she phoned, R8.50. R1.20 cheaper than at the stationers at Menlyn Retail Park.

I came back to the office hungry as a hungry person. Sat down to lunch and mocca coffee. Attempted to fix the AC adapter that is broken right by the exit-point and beyond - Riaan wants to show me how to fix it before I prise open the box.. *cough*

Today I brought my sketch book and some reading to do when I did switchboard - didnt happen due to louzy computers and time. I dont like the computers that I work on - they run on windoze and I like computers addicted to linux..they just run faster!

Now I guess I can go home - the CD I bought is actually good - a bit crazy and cheesy for the first few tracks, but after that it is great - four more tracks and then its home!!!

I'm hungry again,
SMiLE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home