Thursday 24 January 2008

This is the subject line..

This morning I woke up to a sore throat, sniffy nose and no alarm clock.

I even took my gum boots along, but forgot they were in the car and stood in a puddle of water when I left this afternoon - aaaaaaa!!!!!!

Macros. Macros that are programmed in one office, should get run when in another office..or you shall see errors.
I managed to fix up some error in a formula - it relied on data from a hidden cell. I moved this formula to the VB editor and it worked so well that I went ahead to code something that says if, well case really, if a child is 3 years old they move into fireflies. there are 5 departments with differing age groups. I struggled getting the age into the function. the age is a float.. and I doubt that's the right term, long time since I played with non-integers like 7.8!

function dept(DoB As Date)
etc..
but i wanted to take a shortcut so i didnt have to work the age out again by doing,
function dept(Age())
etc..
but that didn't work, so I tried to call the age from the cell. the cell has =age(B##) ## being the row number. say it is 3.6. Now how do I address it in the function? like dept(ager As ????????) or just dept(ager) ?
I have never learnt VB, so I'm a real newbie!?!

it works, though I went the long way round - I re-calculated the age and used that number to switch between Creepy Crawlies, Fireflies, Sonflower Kids, Club 25, Coolbeans and Unknown. Unknown happens when there is no birth date given.

re made an appointment to see Sam about a job. This would be something I really enjoy - web page/site design..if his server only supports asp, I have a wee problem - I've never touched asp code.....

*sniff*
my Milo is ready.......

On my way out of the office I saw the poster that Riaan had asked me to move..I had clean forgotten about it - so I put down my bags and bowl, and moved the poster. When I took my things again, I remembered the Velcro strips - I will either get them tonight, or tomorrow after my meeting with Sam. I need to get the woolly side of Velcro - the notice boards in the office are so bad that one needs to hammer in a nail, or use a staple gun to affix anything onto it.

ahh yes! I need R250 with me tonight - petrol and the fire wire card from Karen...

Thanks for reading,
Me...(who else?!?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home