Wednesday 3 June 2009

Another lesson...in PHP about parents!?!

I had a bit of a learning about forgetfulness and php includes
tonight. I remember the gallery being called galindex.php, so made
that the default page via .htaccess, then copied the include.index.php
to galindex.php. I wondered why it took beyond ages to load the
gallery..and then I remembered - I had included galindex.php in
include.index.php which was used yesterday as index.php and the old
index.php was renamed to galindex.php.

For the 8% that understood the above, you'd agree with me that that
was a classy first endless-loop I had created!!
I learnt three things:
1. Write down developments for future reference;
2. The parent file can include the parent file that can include the
parent file that includes the parent file which includes the parent
file of the parent file...etc
3. My parents had parents of their own and those parents had parents
too, who also had parents that had parents of their own!?!

Much like me answering a phone call that never existed and handing it
over to another person...
And when the dogs bark, my lights change colour!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home