Thursday 14 August 2008

I'm free again

This last Tuesday I shared with the OTIG (Other Two Ignite Guys, Simon
went home ill) something so close to my inner being that it felt as
though I were slicing my nose like you'd slice a pencil to sharpen it.
The night before, I um'd and ar'd about whether or not to share this
meat. I had till 13h30 on Tuesday to change my devotion reading from
James 4. I did not change it.

It was scary when I thought it over while we were moving towards the
blue couches at the back of the hall. As I sat down on the couch and
started sharing my devotion, I took a DEEP breath when I noticed that
without sharing my inner most meaty meat with these guys, my devotion
would fall flat on its back. Those that know me, know that when I
speak about something in my life, I don't hold back information - I
let rip with everything that goes on.

On Monday evening I was prompted as I did my daily reading. I dont
often get a good feeling when I think of sharing a deep dark secret -
I did test that notion and found that it was part of the bigger
picture. What I didnt realise was that obeying God by sharing my meat
would open doors of accountability among the team (Ignite) and would
strengthen our relationships with each other as a group and
individually.

I feel so free now. It's such a wonderful feeling.

Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home